Thursday, July 30, 2009

How do I get Console application to pause on screen to see it?

I am learning a simple .Net console application. It runs fine! But goes by so fast I cannot actually see any of the Console.WriteLine information..





How do I get it to Pause / Break so I can see the output in the black window?





Module Module1





Sub Main()


Dim a As SByte = 0


Dim b As Byte = 0


Dim c As Int16 = 0


Dim d As Int32 = 0


Dim e As Int64 = 0


Dim s As String = ""


Dim ex As Exception = New Exception





Dim types As Object() = {a, b, c, d, e, s, ex}





For Each o As Object In types


Dim type As String


If o.GetType.IsValueType Then


type = "Value type"


Else


type = "Reference type"


End If


Console.WriteLine("{0}: {1}", o.GetType, type)


Next





End Sub





End Module

How do I get Console application to pause on screen to see it?
I think there's a sleep in vb.net. Check the on-line help.





Not as elegant: you can ask for input after n lines go by, or you can pipe the output into more.
Reply:try /p after you type list

survey monkey

No comments:

Post a Comment