Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I can't open add remove programs. The message I get is this.....?

RUNDLL


An exception occurred while trying to run "c:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll,Control... "c:\WINDOWS\system32\appwiz.cpl",Add or Remove Programs"





I think that "smitfraud" may have something to do w/it. I do not have a windows sp 2 installation cd which has given me some problems w/trying to fix this so far. I scanned my pc w/AVG pro and it found nothing. At this point I am wondering if I need to have it professionally looked at.... Can anyone help me out?

I can't open add remove programs. The message I get is this.....?
A short term solution/workaround is to use Revo Uninstaller (i prefer it over the standard uninstall method)


http://www.revouninstaller.com/





The only way to fix this problem is this:


Start Menu=%26gt; Run =%26gt; type in REGSVR32 SHELL32.DLL





But of course, using that command require you to have the Windows XP disc inserted.


No comments:

Post a Comment