Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I'm going to try again. I get an error message when trying to choose my speech properties.?

I get an error message that says, "An exception occurred while trying to run C:\Windows\system32\shell32.dll, Control_RunDLL C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Speech\sapi.cpl, Speech. Why is this happening, and what do I need to do? Please help. I'm running Windows XP. Many thanks in advance!

I'm going to try again. I get an error message when trying to choose my speech properties.?
Uninstall Office. Control Panel/Add-Remove


Programs, Once Office has been removed go to C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application


Data\Microsoft and delete the folder called “Speech”. Then reboot and install


Office again. Get all the current updates (probably rebooting again) BEFORE


going to Control Panel and accessing the speech controls. This will enable


you to access the speech commands again and you may need to add “Speech


Recognition” through the Language Bar “Settings”.


http://www.microsoft.com/communities/new...

survey questions

No comments:

Post a Comment