Friday, July 31, 2009

Warcraft III error?

I just installed Warcraft III and went to play it. The screen goes to black like normal but then instead of starting, it goes back to my desktop. I have reinstalled several times, and even downloaded the latest patch off of Blizzards site. I do get an X-Fire warning saying it encoutered an error with the .exe of Warcraft3


I think i might have a memory problem of some kind.


My graphics and motherboard are definitly up to date, seeing I can play Doom3 and Halflife2 just fine.





This application has encountered a critical error:





FATAL ERROR!





Program:c:\program files\warcraft iii\war3.exe


Exception:0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:6F0BA845





The instruction at '0x6F0BA845' referenced memory at '0x00000000'.


The memory could not be 'read'.





I have also tried downloading a copy of Warcraft III and using my cd key to install, still has same error

Warcraft III error?
Check the Warcraft3 Support Form:





http://www.warcraftiii.net/





Here is some info on a Support Forum, someone else out there is having the same problem:





http://forums.thatcomputerguy.us/index.p...
Reply:are u overclocked .. or did u build ur own system and make sure timings were correct .. and do you have enough graphics power ... dx9 ..and the latest video drivers for ur graphics ...oh .. i just saw the xfire ... if ur running crossfire maybe it has a problem with it ...


No comments:

Post a Comment