Thursday, July 30, 2009

I really need some computer assistance!!!?

I have a Compaq Presario SR1901WM. My computer is running really slowly and I've been deleting my browsing history (internet history, cookies, ext..) and that usually speeds things up. But, now when I go to my internet options to delete the browsing history it doesn't allow me to and a pop-up window states- An exception occurred while trying to run "C:/windows/system32/inetcpl.cpl, ClearMyTracksByProcess 4351 98 185" Can somebody please explain what this is, what did I do to create this and how can I get rid of it so I can delete my browsing history. I thank you in advance for your help. I know nothing about computers, I've been a Paramedic for 17 years and can start a heart but can't fix anything on a computer.

I really need some computer assistance!!!?
Hi.





It seems that a spyware is blocking you to access Internet Options.





Do nothing there. Download CCleaner from the below link and once its installed, just open the software and click on the Button, Run Cleaner.





It would clean all the Internet History and other files that you had been doing manually and also you would find another option that says to fix issues. Fix all the issues that it lists as well and in doing this, the Spyware too would be removed successfully.





Here's the link to the software





http://www.ccleaner.com





BYE


Imtiyaz
Reply:Looks like a corruption of somekind in "inetcpl.cpl"


Try doing a:


Start%26gt;Run%26gt;"sfc /scannow" without the quotes.


This will run the 'system file checker', it will scan for, and attempt to replace any missing/corrupt system files. (It takes a while to run, so be prepared for a wait)


Worth a try!


No comments:

Post a Comment