Monday, May 24, 2010

Filing Taxes Wrong?

My oldest child is 3, for those years prior, I have never received over $4,000 for our refund. I've always done my taxes myself. This year I filed through Tax Cut. I am getting well over $5,000. IF I am filing the exact same as other years with the only exception is the following, how is it I'm getting more now?





1) I did not itemize b/c it said I didnt need to (so I didnt claim my daycare expenses that were $7,640.00)


2) I had my son last year so I did get a tax credit for a new baby


3) I filled out everything it asked (which was very easy), paid and printed.

Filing Taxes Wrong?
Having the other child gave you more for the child tax credit. You dont need to itemize to claim your daycare expenses. There is a line for that on the form. I would suggest that you do an ammended return and claim your daycare.
Reply:Try to find previous copies of tax cut or turbo tax and re do your tax return(up to three years). If there is a difference scroll down to amended tax return 1040x and refile.

survey software

No comments:

Post a Comment