Monday, May 24, 2010

What should I do? Please help?

I have just completed my Junior year of high school and my transcript contained straight A's. My Ap Language teacher decided to leave in the middle of the school year, gave me an A, and another teacher took over the class. This teacher made my semester a living hell. I never complain about teachers but this woman is an exception. She was rude, mean, and bitter. She told me I have "the grammar skills of a seventh grader and it's evident in the way you talk" and " How did you manage to maintain straight A's when your writing skills are so poor". I contacted my former Language Arts teachers and the principal. My former teachers agreed that my writing skills are fine. I ended up with a C in her class. The class average was a D. I have a high school transcript that consists of 35 A's and 1 C with a total of 36 completed classes. How will this look like to colleges and people in charge of scholarships? Did my semester grade in AP language ruin my chances of getting accepted into a good colle

What should I do? Please help?
If you explain this to college admissions in your application essay or ask your guidance counselor to explain in her recommendation, then I'm sure colleges will understand. I mean, you got straight As and one C, colleges will know that it wasn't your fault from your past record.
Reply:It is okay. You are in your junior year. Most just look at the final grade.


No comments:

Post a Comment