Monday, May 24, 2010

Trying to figure out alot of things(colleges,majors,careers...

Just finished my sophomore year of high school a couple of weeks ago.My current GPA is 3.33.I can take an extra class this summer to raise that GPA a little + my Junior year.And I'm currently prepping for the SAT in the fall.That GPA is weighted because I'm taking AP and Honors courses but most of my grades are B's and C's.Looking at my transcript my strong point is History(A in H World History and A in AP European History) and the Life Sciences(A in Biology).But i'm not interested in any career or major involving these courses.I like numbers and working with computers so I was thinking of computer and/or software engineering...but I'm not good at math(C's) and I've yet to take a physics class.Lastly I live in CA so most likely i'll be applying to a CSU or UC school with the exception of the University of Washington.What are my chances?Are they good?Bad?I'm involved in extracurriculars but minimally active (involved with 2 charities/service clubs +a peer helping program)

Trying to figure out alot of things(colleges,majors,careers...
Have you spoken to your school counselor about helping you to discover a dream career? You can also go to www.eureka.org and look for direction there. You seem to be a very well rounded student. Have you though of teaching? You could be a Mathmatics instructor. Eureka.org does require a site code. You can get your site code from your school counselor. I have no way to share my site code with just you and not the world.... Sorry.





As for your chances of getting accepted into the CSU or UC systems, I think you have a reasonably good chance of getting in. Just keep working hard and taking all the AP classes you can. They help. Be sure to stay involved in your charities/clubs as well. You need to be a well rounded student.


No comments:

Post a Comment